Garrie Burr <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 08:49:33 CST
We've been receiving the following messages on our LISTMGR account from
our own listserve.

The messages always come "in pairs", the first one called X-SUPD JOB,
which looks like this:

* * * Top of File * * *
//Sub_Update JOB Echo=No
X-SUPD FWD=NO DATE=1997022123:00:06 DATA=1 0
* * * End of File * * *

And it's almost immediately followed by Listserve mail from our LMAIL
that contains something like this:

* * * Top of File * * *
Date:         Thu, 27 Feb 1997 04:47:33 -0600
From:         BITNET list server at WUVMD (1.8a) <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Message ("Error occurred while processing file 6784 from...")
To:           Revised LISTSERV Manager <[log in to unmask]>

Error occurred while processing file 6784 from LISTSERV@UIUCVMD:

  X-SUPD job rejected, LISTSERV@WUVMD is not a backbone server.
* * * End of File * * *

The only thing that varies on the "Error occurred" line is the node
the file we've got a problem with is coming from.

We haven't had any reports of distribution problems from our users,
but since these errors came in during the two weeks I was on vacation
and continue to come in while I search for the answer I'm getting
worried.  I haven't been able to find this mentioned in the manuals.

Thanks in advance for any info...

--Garrie Burr