Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:08:48 -0400
One of our faculty members attempted to post the same message to multiple
internal lists and received the following messages from the server:

 > The LISTSERV network has determined that you have been posting an abnormally
 > high amount  of identical  messages to multiple  LISTSERV mailing  lists. To
 > ward against a possible spamming  attempt, your posting privileges are being
 > withdrawn for the next 48 hours, worldwide.  While you will still be able to
 > post  to the  mailing lists,  your messages  will be  forwarded to  the list
 > owners for verification before they are distributed.

I know how to restore access for a user who has been 'served off' after issuing
too many invalid commands. Is there any way to force LISTSERV (1.8e) to restore
posting privileges for a user whom the server has tagged as a suspected spammer?

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team