"Keller, Richard (CIT)" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:20:41 -0400
It could be that the attachment was uuencoded rather than MIME.  If LISTSERV
is reading all attachments as MIME, and an attachment comes in under
uuencode, the result will be gibberish.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Payne/cis/evp/Okstate [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 11:50 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Attachments

        Several times I have read about attachments being dropped or being
corrupted and thought I had no problem.  But I was wrong.  One of our
users attempted to attach a word document to her list contribution.  The
participants received only gibberish.  Since we have version 1.8d, which
handles attachments according to the manual, I thought one way to take
care of it would be to add the "Attachments =Yes" header.  But, I receive
a message saying that this addition is not supported.  Does anyone have
any suggestion?  I appreciate any ideas.

        Ron Payne