Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 11:52:46 -0400
On 14 Oct 98 at 6:20, Stephen C. Nill wrote:

>         I regularly send to my subscribers, via a superlist, web pages that I have
> created.  (I use Netscape's send feature to do so.)  The GIFs and JPGs in
> those pages fail to be included at the receiving end (after being sent via
> Listserv) yet are included when sent directly (outside of Listserv).  Is
> there some setting I've missed?

The only times that LISTSERV strips parts of messages are:

    - If you are using Microsoft Exchange to send mail. Exchange by
    default adds "application/ms-tnef" attachments which most people
    find very annoying, so LISTSERV strips them off unless you have
    specified Language=Exchange in your list header. Since you are
    using Netscape it is probably not this.

    - If you specify Language=NOHTML in your list header, then
    LISTSERV will strip the HTML part of a multipart/alternative
    MIME message. Netscape IS capable of producing such messages, so
    this MIGHT be the problem, but Language=NOHTML is NOT the
    default, you would have to specify it explicitly, which you
    wouldn't have done if you were planning on sending HTML
    attachments.

Perhaps if you send us a copy of your superlist header we might
figure something out, but I can't think of any other reason for it.

If you set a Sizelim in your header, LISTSERV would reject the post
with attachments outright, not trim it, so that can't be the problem.

Note that unless your subscribers signed up explicitly to receive
GIFs and JPGs, you'll get some angry subscribers if you send posts
with large attachments.

Francoise