Bruno Robichaud <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:28:10 -0400
Yes that exactly what I'm doing, I send the email to listserv, listserv then
get my recipient and the other data from my sql server (all that work) and
then send it to all the user, and I want all the bounced email to go to a
specific place on another server, and be able to put a subject in the mail
header and be able too to send multipart email text/html.
Can you send me a example wich would work for my solutions if your not to
busy. thx

Also in a different matter what the difference between LISTSERV and the
LISTSERV Maestro because my boss want to buy the product but first I have to
make sure it's complete our need but if you tell me that maestro would be
better maybe I can talk to them about it.
-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Francoise Becker
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Bounced email

On 12 Jan 2006 at 19:06, Bruno Robichaud <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> This is what I use to test , thx again Francoise :)

How are you sending the DISTRIBUTE job to LISTSERV? Are you sending
an email to LISTSERV@yourdomain or are you using the file drop-in
method described here in the "Feed Custom Messages" White Paper at
http://www.lsoft.com/resources/wp-feed-smtp.pdf ?

If you are sending the email to LISTSERV, you don't need the HELO
etc. If you're using the file-drop in to essentially have LISTSERV's
SMTP workers send mail to itself, then the RCPT TO and the To: need
to be LISTSERV@yourdomain and the From needs to be either a
POSTMASTER or DIST_ALLOWED_USER in the LISTSERV site configuration
(and the PW= refers to that address' password).

> // DISTRIBUTE MAIL-MERGE
DBMS=YES(EMAIL=SenderAddress)[log in to unmask]

Needs a space between ) and FROM= and no // unless the DISTRIBUTE is
split over several lines, in which case it needs a "," at the end of
each line. The //<space> command , <CRLF>more command is the
continuation syntax.

Francoise