Fri, 28 Dec 1990 14:40:18 PST
After getting several distributed job 'rejection slips' I took a survey of
the servers listed in the PEERS file.  The following is a summary of my
findings, listing only the servers that were not at the 9013 level.
Survey date:  22 Dec 1990

Status of Master Nodes file
   9012   -  24
   9011   -  11
   9010   -   6
   9009   -   3
   9008   -   1
   9006   -   1
   9005   -   1
   9004   -   1
   8806   -   1
88/10/10  -   1
NOT FOUND -   1

One server had a peers file dated 88/07/07

Two servers had a link weights file dated 88/07/07

Server release levels -

(Only those servers that had backlevel control files were counted in this area)
  Version 1.5i - 1
          1.5n - 2
          1.6c - 1

While I am fully aware that we all maintain our servers on a volunteer basis,
it is a bit disconcerting to find 50+ servers with back level control files.
Especially when the updates to these files consume very little time and
effort on the part of the maintainer.

Anyone wishing a further breakdown of this data, please contact me directly.

R N Hathhorn, VM Systems Support  |  Portland Community College
Computer Services Department      |  P. O. Box 19000
Sylvania Campus:  CCB27c          |  12000 S. W. 49th Ave.
(503) 244-6111  ext. 4705         |  Portland Oregon  97219