Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 11:11:32 CDT
On Sun, 17 Aug 1997 08:32:02 -0400 Roger Burns said:
>Listserv Manager <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>   The good news however is
>> that I've heard (unconfirmed hearsay follows) that most standard INN
>> newsservers have the ability to do the gatewaying.  It's included as a
>> function of the software.
>
>Are you saying that all INN newsservers may have the capability of
>becoming GLOBAL mail2news gateways?

Yes.  That is what I was told by the Usenet sysadmins on news.admins
anyway.  It does make sense - the INN server only needs to receive
the message via email and post it to the appropriate group.  Once
posted to a group, normal Usenet operations take care of distrubuting
the post to the rest of the Usenet news servers in the world.  Doing
the reverse is as simple - it looks for a post in the group that
receives from other servers and sends it via email to whatever address
is specified.