Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Oct 1991 17:44:25 +0100
You add entries to LINKSWT2 FILE to  effect the changes you want to test.
You then send it  back to your server with a PUT  command with the NODIST
option (or you could use PUTC and then issue a NODESGEN WTONLY command to
recompile it). You then use 'SHOW DPATH *' to see how files would then be
distributed from  your host.  This is  mostly something I  do on  my test
server  (using other  EXEC's  to  display the  DPATH  tree for  arbitrary
nodes);  fortunately, I  hardly  ever need  to do  that,  and my  present
LINKSWT2 FILE only has one record (not counting comments).

  Eric