"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Mon, 13 Mar 89 13:09:45 GMT
In order  to avoid any possible  misunderstanding, I would like  to remind you
that the  statement I made on  LSTSRV-M about the availability  of LISTSERV to
EARN has no  legal value. 5-hours surprise meetings (announced  2h in advance)
have so far  prevented me from sending  the paper I mentioned to  Frode, but I
hope to have  time to get it done  today. This paper will have  no value until
Frode signs it (his signature is required to certify that EARN has not paid me
in exchange for making  the agreement - since I originally  planned to ask for
money and eventually decided not to, I  want this to be clearly stated). Since
the  paper can  only benefit  EARN,  I expect  Frode to  sign it  immediately;
however, that is clearly HIS decision and he would be justified in seeking the
advice of  a lawyer,  or in  submitting it to  the Executive  Committee before
signing it.  Distribution of  LISTSERV to  EARN sites  cannot start  until the
paper is signed.

Cheers, Eric