Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 09:44:23 +0100
On Tue, 18  Mar 1997 11:56:06 CST  Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>This question came up recently at our weekly meeting:
>
>   Will Listserv be in trouble when the year 2000 hits?

For most  systems, year  2000 support  will be  provided in  version 1.8d
(contingent to operating  system support for year 2000  of course). There
were all of 6  changes to make, of which 3 were to  print yyyy instead of
yy and  2 were  to provide a  more reasonable default  for yy  in command
input (and one  was a breakage). For  VM, this will probably  not be done
until 1999. Problem 1 is that we don't  want to fix the REXX code that is
scheduled to  go away before  year 2000, and problem  2 is that  we still
have a lot  of S/370 customers to support, whereas  the year 2000 capable
version of VM only supports XA.

  Eric