Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Mon, 30 Mar 1987 19:38 SET
  Don't worry, the new LSVBITFD works exactly the same as the old one from the
caller's point of view. Nothing is changed  except that it must be called from
EXEC2, REXX, XEDIT or from the keyboard  (and can't be called from EXEC 1) and
that there  is a new  and completely useless  option, SKIP (don't  produce any
output). If "EXECIO *  DISKR (FIND" on a 1740 * 8 chars  file took less than 5
times  the time  a "LSVBITFD  nodeid  nodeid (SKIP"  takes, I  would not  have
implemented it. But alas, EXECIO is one of the finest IBM programs and I chose
not to use  it to determine whether a  node is in the local  routing tables or
not.

  Eric