Paul Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 30 Jan 1993 08:45:56 -0500
>CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW I GET AL LIST OF DIFFERENT LISTSERVS ?
>I DID A LIST GLOBAL ON THIS LISTSERV BUT COULDNT DECIPHER WHAR THE
>OUTPUT TOLD ME.  IT GAVE ME A NETWORK-WIDE-ID, A FULL-ADDRESS, AND
>A LIST-TITLE. THE FULL-ADDRESS SEEMS TO HAVE A USER AND A LOCATION
>(I.E. amerstdy@miamu) BUT WHEN I SEND MAIL TO LISTSERV@MIAMIU IT
>COMES BACK SAYING NO SUCH USER. I'M LLOKING FOR LISTS ON C/C++
>PROGRAMMING IN WINDOWS. CAN ANYBODY HELP?
>(IM SIGNING ON THRU ONLINE AMERICA ... FOR NOW)

First, if your mailer gives you the option, PLEASE USE LOWER CASE.

The listserv list is directly related to BITNET, so it is necessary
to translate BITNET addresses to Internet addresses.  For Example,
let's take an item on the list:

Oh wait a minute; he probably doesn't subscribe so he can't read
this; since his name is dropped by the mailer, I don't know who
he is.
never mind.