"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Wed, 16 Nov 88 14:30:05 GMT
Anybody willing to host this list? Please contact CTM@CORNELLC for more
information /Eric

Dear Eric, I know you are busy, so I will be swift about this.

     I work at Cornell University at the Dr. John Hamal Hubbard
Fractal Research Lab in affiliation with the Cornell National
Supercomputer Facility.  Maybe you even know me.

     Having become familiar with lists recently I would like to
start my own, be the list owner that is.

     The subject of the list would be a wide ranging discussion
of Religion, Science, Art, Business and Government.  I need to
own the list myself, so that ultimate responsibility for the list
and the material that flows into it are mine and not someone elses.
The subjects I intend to broach will be HOT as fire and I dont want
anyone else getting the ax for something a subscriber says on the list.

     I have a very definite viewpoint to express but I also want to
bring about discussion from the other viewpoints that exist on the
planet at this time.  The subjects more specifically will cover the
various hot bed dichotomies that are tearing up our civilization at
the moment which include but are not limited to the following:

Creationists/Humanists
Christians/Atheists/Other Religions
Cults/Culture
Jews/Nazis
Blacks/Klu Klux Klan
Men/Women
Straight/Gay
America/Russia
Capitalism/Totalitarianism
War/Peace
Children/Parents

     I want the name of the list to be ADORE-L.  ADORE is an
anagram for A Divine Operating Religion of Excellence.  The priciples
of Adore will be the guiding principles of the discussions on this list
and people will be expected within reason to abide by them.

     The three most senior Adorian principles are

1. The Purpose of Creation is Trade in Expressions of Discovery.
2. Class is an attitude, that ALL should live forever and be our friend.
3. The Paths of Lovers Cross in the Line of Duty.

     From Adore, A Divine Operating Religion of Excellence.
           Copyright (C) 1983 by Homer Wilson Smith

     Within this context for example it would be alright to
discuss racism, and even express racism, but not with the
enforced intention to PROMOTE racism.  As discussion and openess
are the only solution to our problems we can not pretend that
racism does not exist, nor can we keep our feelings inside.
But as in psychotherapy, the purpose of expressing it is
to get over it once and for all.

     I expect the list to attract intelligent people, and a majority
vote of subscribers will be sufficient to remove obnoxious elements
from the list.

     However you can see how hot things will get.  Please help me if you can.

     Homer

     President, ART MATRIX PO 880 Ithaca, NY 14851-0880 (607) 277-0959