C Reichetzeder <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Jun 1995 16:03:50 MES
In a recent discussion with The Anonymous Administrator I said:
> I could block all such requests [ie from an<NUMBER>@anon.penet.fi]
And the administrator replied:
>Yes, it would be good if access to listservers from anon.penet.fi
>users would be blocked.

This came up in  some discussion and I didn't give it  much thought, I must
admit. Now one person managed to subscribe with such an address at my site.
Given that the number was in the 30ks I think anon.penet.fi does a good job
blocking attempts to subscribe to LISTSERV lists but they can do nothing if
someone fakes an address. So we better really block these addresses.

Christian