Eva Kalman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 14:51:39 -0400
Thanks for the idea, but...

It's people who are not subscribed to the list and who
are outside the Service area whose postings need to be
moderated.   E.g., Send=Public, Service=lucent.com .
If only Editor=Service would work, everything would be great.

I could set Default-Options= REVIEW, as suggested here:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/owner/appendb.html#keyDefaultOptions

But that wouldn't quite do it.  Then subscribers could post without
moderation, but Lucent non-subscribers would be moderated
along with non-Lucent people.  And further, new Lucent subscribers
would get set to REVIEW ... definitely not what the listowner wants.

It seems I have to write some kind of Editor script that
decides if a message is internal and automatically approves it,
while forwarding external mail to the editor as usual.   Sigh.

Eva