June Genis <GA.JRG@STANFORD>
Fri, 5 Feb 88 14:33:57 PST
REPLY TO 02/05/88 14:11 FROM [log in to unmask]: Re: searching archives
vs. direct list subscription

Eric, thanks for the examples but you didn't answer the first
question which was whether we can now assume that any list has a
searchable archive.  I seem to recall something in your documentation
(which I read some while ago I fear) about DATABASE being an optional
facility that would consume more disk and CPU resources.  If it is
optional what is the approriate way to determine if the list you are
interested in has a searchable archive?

/June

p.s. syntax on this is about as complex as it would be for SPIRES I
think but as I recall you also need INDEX to actually get it to print,
no?  If so, SPIRES wins by a command and, of course, I'm still
waiting to run those CPU tests on BITNIC :-)

To:  [log in to unmask]