Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 15:51:36 EDT
On Wed, 17 Sep 1997 15:08:38 EDT you said:
>My problem comes only from the technical side. Installing/running SFS
>seems to be fairly routine (for IBM stuff), but I see nothing in the
>LISTSERV installation or site mgrs manuals on how to configure
>LISTSERV and the list headers, etc to run with SFS.

LISTSERV works fine with SFS.  Whereas with mdisks you specify either a
fixed access disk (e.g. Notebook=Yes,M,Monthly,Private) or a dynamically
accessed disk (e.g. Notebook=Yes,M/201,Monthly,Private), with SFS you
substitute an SFS path where the disk address would be.  For example:
Notebook= Yes,M/FPNAME:LISTSERV.LISTS.LIST123,Monthly,Private.

Of course, the filepool name and location is up to you -- LISTSERV doesn't
care as long as it has the authority to write to it -- though you don't want
it to be *too* long since the FILEID file is limited to an LRECL of 80.

>If you happen to notice I managed to ask this question incorrectly specifying
>SMS instead of SFS last week.

Was wondering about that question! :-)

Bill