Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 May 2003 16:19:07 -0400
At 02:34 PM 5/20/2003 -0400,  Christopher Barbot wrote:

>As it turns out, and after taking out the "respawn" option in my innittab file (solaris box), I've come to find that the "go bg" command hangs or something and listserv only partly restarts.

Never use "respawn" on a background process. It will cause problems because the init process will think the process died and needs to be restarted again. Instead, either use "once" instead of "respawn" or use a startup script in /etc/rc3.d and let your script that kills the listserv start it again.

-- DCP