Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:37:14 +0100
> > It just means you have the global list
> > exchange feature (GLX) activated in LMail, which you probably should not do at
> > this point,
>
> The what? How did I do that?

GLOBAL_LIST_EXCHANGE = 1 in LOCAL SYSVARS. I mean, that's the setting you don't want (change it to 0).

> Looks like I'm missing one update. 1.2d is the latest?

Yes.

> It definitely went to the right service machine, LISTTEST.

Darn! Do I get a second chance? :-) My guess this time is that the list is not actually called TEST, but let's say XYZ. You have XYZ LIST A1 with "List-ID= TEST" or something along these lines. You may even have the list set up so that the published name is TEST, but its canonical name is XYZ. LMail must always pass the files to the canonical list name. Remember, the list ID can be very long, contain characters not allowed in spool attributes or VM userids, etc. TEST happens to be a valid DISTCODE and userid, but in the general case LMail cannot deliver to a list ID, so it is not designed to even try. The correct configuration is always:

SET LIST FOR XYZ
SET FORWARD XYZ FOR TEST

> I notice that the message above says it came from "owner-LISTSERV". Should
> it have said "owner-LISTTEST"? Does LISTTEST have an identity problem?

No, I guess it's a bug. It doesn't really matter because this is a delivery error, you aren't supposed to reply to it. There just has to be some kind of valid "From:" field because every message needs one. But you are right, it can be confusing when troubleshooting. I will change it.

  Eric