"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 12:17:27 EST
On Tue, 27 Jan 1998 09:35:54 -0600 David Young said:

>> Being *totally* unclear why the user would acutally *want* only a
>> 45 minute window on weekdays, perhaps the *right* answer here is
>> that what they *want* is DIGEST?
>>
>> Can the original poster (who's name/addr I've lost) explain more
>> about the *problem* being solved (45-minute window is the solution,
>> so what is the problem?)
>>
>>                                 Valdis Kletnieks
>>                                 Computer Systems Senior Engineer
>>                                 Virginia Tech
>>
>The reason they want it is because the list is used for daily
>announcements and news releases from our Public Affairs office and they
>want to be able to post the next days announcements in the afternoon,
>but not have them actually  sent out until the next morning so
>subscribers won't get confused as to which day the announcements are
>for.  I've suggested digesting but they want to do it this way for now.
>this brings to mind the hold saying; "Mine is not to reason why...". :)

Even without seeing this, and find their rationale a little weak,
I was going to suggest either manual, or automatic use of the command
HOLD listname.  Put it in a schedular package, or potentially
even in Listserv's WAKEPARM FILE.  That way they'll also get
a nice little reminder that it is held, and they can override
with a FREE if they wish.