Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:18:27 +0000
John, Laura wrote:

> I am running Listserv 1.8d. I would like to include the subscriber's address
> at the bottom of our newsletters to ease unsubscription difficulties.
> However, when I put this text in the list's MAILTPL file:

> And this is what I ended up with at the bottom of the newsletter:

> WHOM= &WHOM; and MBX= &MBX; and MBX(WHOM)= .

That method won't work.  What you can do to achieve the same end result
is to put the following text in your bottom banner (I'm using a made-up
listname and listserv domain):

  To remove yourself from this list, simply send an e-mail
  (message text and Subject: line do not matter) to the
  address [log in to unmask]

Naturally, you'll need to change "MSNBC" to the actual name of your
list, and LISTSERV.MSNBC.COM to the actual domain name of the address of
your Listserv.
Use an actual address rather than trying to use listserv "&" variables.

-- Roger Burns