Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 15 Jul 90 00:33:09 O
>I just got  this back from BITNIC.  Since normally I am  able to recieve
>netdata format, I am curious as to how listserv decided that CMR001 is a
>'non-NJE node'?

The message is indeed misleading, but  the cause of the complaint is that
the userid you are using is longer than 8 characters and not suitable for
NJE transmission. LISTSERV would have to  send to userid MICHAEL_ at your
node, which may or  may not work (I would expect more  than one person at
your site to be called Michael, but maybe I'm wrong :-) ), and it decided
that mail was safer. I will change the message to say "non-NJE addresses"
instead.

  Eric