Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Fri, 22 Aug 1986 23:24 SET
  I have modified RECEIVE to use LSVDDFID (and DMSDDL QUERY) to handle the secu
rity problem caused  by multiple DISK LOAD/NETDATA decks.  It additionally han-
dles MAIL files  properly and logs them to the  appropriate notebook (*NOT* ALL
NOTEBOOK regardless of  actual origin...), but this was a  much older change. I
intend to put it on my system disk after  a test period of one week or so... It
has the severe  drawback of issuing a DESBUF command  before prompting the user
if the deck is found to contain multiple  files, but then how can you do a pull
external in  EXEC2? *shudder*  :-( It  is therefore *not*  suitable for  a file
server or suchlike (but could be easily modified to handle that case). I do not
intend to  use it for  LISTSERV -- I  will write a  very short and  very simple
(and probably muuuuch faster) version of RECEIVE for LISTSERV.

  Eric

PS: It *still* loads  the second and subsequent files into  your A-disk, but it
    does warn you before, though :-)