Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 26 Feb 1995 15:31:41 -0500
I'm a list-owner with an odd problem.  I'm hoping to get advice here to
convey to my Listserv manager which might prompt him to help me sooner
rather than later.

When users subscribe to my list, they get the FAREWELL file instead of the
WELCOME file.  This started suddenly, there had been no problem with this
in the past.  I tried re-PUTting the WELCOME text (Listserv says the file
was successfully replaced), but the FAREWELL text is still sent out to new
subscribers.  As a temporary fix, I decided to PUT my Welcome text to the
FAREWELL filename (with an extra note about it now being a dual Welcome
*and* Farewell message), BUT this revised text goes into the ether
(Listserv says it was successfully replaced) and the old FAREWELL text is
still being sent out to new subscribers!  Doing a GET listname WELCOME and
a GET listname FAREWELL both retrieve the same Farewell text, even though
I've tried to write over them with PUTs.  I'm going a bit crazy here.

I deduce that there's some internal pointer within Listserv that's
mis-configured.  Is there some simple advice that I can copy to my
Listserv maintainer that might enable him to quickly identify and fix the
problem?  Any help will be very appreciated.

-- Roger Burns    [log in to unmask]