Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:54:26 +0200
> However, I think we're reading this bullet item differently:

I see what you mean. This being said, I still think this item was meant for newsletters and addresses the issue of subscribers who forget about the newsletter because it comes infrequently. This is just not an issue with a mailing list that sends you 10+ postings a week. AOL have a lot of experience running thousands of discussion lists themselves, and they understand that the issues are not the same (or at least some of their staff do). I doubt any of AOL's senior staff will nail a bona fide discussion list for not including information on physical addresses and posting frequency. The rules may be tough, but the people who implement them have so far been understanding. It is the automatic report-as-spam processes that seem to be the problem.

> We have also had problems with AOL blocking particular messages, due
> to 'offensive' links.  These links were usually URL shortening links.

The whitelist does not stop this. The Enhanced Whitelist supposedly does.

  Eric