Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 9 Oct 2005 18:07:18 -0400
Here's an example of a GOOGLE SITE search for PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM (home to lstown-l, among others)

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Apeach.ease.lsoft.com

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=site%3Apeach.ease.lsoft.com+lstown-l+2005&btnG=Search

It is my understanding that GOOGLE licenses their engine to companies with the product name GOOGLE APPLIANCE.  You could thus provide your own search services under you site's policies for indexing.

http://www.google.com/enterprise/

PSU has done so:

http://search.psu.edu/

/Pete