Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 22:41:14 -0500
On Sat, 27 Nov 2004, Richard McRae wrote:

> I have two DNS names pointing to the same Listserv (single IP address).
> When I send a message to my list using either address
> ([log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]) they
> message always gets distributed from Domain1.  Is it possible to have
> Listserv detect the domain it was sent to and have Listserv redistribute
> the message that way?

You need two settings for your e-mail to be sent to a list at the
appropriate domain. First, List-Address= needs to be set in the list
headers and second, the MYDOMAIN environment variable must be set with all
domains that you host lists for. (Your MTA must support those domains as
well.)

Messages from the listserv server (commands, etc) itself will always come
from the NODE set in your environment. It would be a nice enhancement to
have the listserv respond using the domain specified in the e-mail (if it
is in MYDOMAIN) but for now it uses the NODE domain.

-- DCP