"Warhurst, SI (Spencer)" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:24:12 +0100

[..]

Thanks for the guidance :)

> > Outbound infected msgs stopped: 125831
>
> I expected a number substantially higher than zero, but I
> must say that I did not expect that many digits. I would say
> that it is a strong argument to keep F-Secure ;-)

That figure is almost entirely caused by one virus, that's been hitting us
for the past 2-3 months:

 Malicious code found in file D:\LISTSERV\TMP\DO-NOT-RUN-ME-1502.EXE.
 Infection: Exploit.IFrame.FileDownload

I had been hoping that our mail relay virus scanning software would have
been updated to catch that one by now, but obviously not! ;)

Spencer