Tom Cervenka <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Jul 1991 01:56:09 -0400
 Last morning I posted a plea for peers for win3-l. I was told by the uicvm
 listserv management that the only way that they would free my list would be if
 I would line up some peers. Many of you responded with offers to peer the list
 and I hope I've thanked you all personally.

 But the problem was solved by adding "Mail-via= DIST2" to the header. This was
 first suggested by Richard Hintz and later, a uicvm programmer informed me
 that the list was "fixed" by adding this to the list header. I don't want to
 sound too pissed -- after all they let me run my list free of charge -- but I
 just wasted a hell of a lot of my own time and many, many others under the
 direction of the uicvm list management.

 My problem is that I don't have the proper documentation. I checked LISTKEYW
 MEMO and LISTOWNR MEMO for the "Mail-via" keyword and they aren't in there.
 I'm not sure that the proper documentation even exists!

 The only good thing about the whole situation is that I was pointed at this
 list of informed and helpful people. Thanks for your help.

 Tom Cervenka - Univ of Il at Chicago, Info Cntr, Phone 6-7739
 Internet: [log in to unmask]         Prodigy: CMGB18A