Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 06:16:02 +0200
The problem  is in the way  most BITNET lists are  currently gatewayed to
usenet. I am reluctant to do anything about it knowing that:

1. The machine  on which this software  is running is going  to be phased
   out  and thus  the service  will move  to another  machine, presumably
   using different software.

2. In  a few hours the  new US academic  year will begin and  hundreds of
   sites will be without a maintenance  contract for a few weeks as their
   purchasing officers  try to cope  with the  flood of new  year orders.
   Naturally we  will continue to provide  support to these sites  on the
   assumption that  they will  renew their contract.  However, delivering
   new versions is  another story. Large organizations do  not in general
   want to receive things they have not ordered yet, etc. So unless there
   is a very serious  problem we do not plan to make  a new version until
   at least one month.

  Eric