Francis de Ruijte <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 12 Jul 1997 23:24:46 -0400
At 09:30 PM 7/8/97 -0400, Jeffrey Boulier <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Hi y'all!
>
>I thought that it might be interesting to see what operating systems other
>listserv sites were running. So I ran a few UNIX commands to check. See
>notes at bottom for "More details, & how you can do this yourself"
>
>First the results...
>
>"Generic OS"        # sites
>VM                    105    (69 on BITNET)
>UNIX                  95     (43 running on Suns. Yay!)
>Windows               49
>OpenVMS               18     (2 on BITNET)
>

>        MORE DETAILS, AND HOW YOU CAN DO THIS YOURSELF

(snipping rest)

Very interesting, these statistics, Jeff.  Thanks.  But I don't understand
at all the rest, how you obtained them.  Don't bother.  It's way above my
little head.  And I don't need the to know the how.

It would be interesting, though, to find out how many other systems similar
or comparable to LISTSERV are running on the Internet.  That looks like a
job for you.   :-)

Greetings.
Francis
FrStudy-L listowner