Jim Gerland <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Jul 1996 11:20:55 -0400
On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, Lynn Thomas wrote:
> I have received files so that I can edit them and when I go to "PUT" them
> back I get a reply saying that I am not authorized to edit this file.

My guess would be that the address you're sending your email from is not the
*EXACT* address that is listed in the List Header Owner= field.

> I have created a password from the account that I am sending the file from
> and it was accepted.  Another thing I should let you know is that someone
> else has access to the files and also has a password.  He, however, does
> not do very much work with the files. Would two passwords have any effect?

No.  You can have as many folks as you need maintain files or play list
owner and each of them use their own personal LISTSERV password for their
activities.

> I am very new to this process and need some help sorting out this problem.
> Anyone, let me know if you have any suggestions?

Take a look at the list header and see if it says:

*  Owner= [log in to unmask] (Lynn Thomas)

because that is where your mail is coming from.
Jim...