Thu, 9 Aug 90 13:48:08 EST
We have a UNIX network connected to our VM system and are trying
to access listserv functions from it.

If we send a note from the UNIX network with a command like
'GET LISTSERV MEMO', we get different results depending on how
the From: address is constructed.

If the From: address is of the form [log in to unmask], the process
works perfectly.  Both an information note giving resource
usage and the memo are sent by LISTSERV and correctly received by UNIX.

If the From: address is of the form 'FTK01%DOH1D.DOH1E@ALBNYDH2' only
the information note showing resource consumption is sent by LISTSERV and
received by UNIX.

The console log from LISTSERV shows that the request from the % address
only generates a 'Sent information mail to [log in to unmask]

On the other hand, the request from the address without the percent sign
generates a 'Sent mailfile to [log in to unmask] as well as
a 'Sent information mail to [log in to unmask]

Any ideas?
We are at LISTSERV 6.1E.