Liam Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Sep 2012 16:14:47 -0400
> How do I configure LISTSERV so that all lists are in the domain
> LIST.CSULB.EDU even if the hostname is something else? The installation
> manual is unclear. Our primary hostname cannot be LIST.CSULB.EDU,
> because AD uses a different namespace.

You just configure the LISTSERV NODE and MYDOMAIN settings to be
LIST.CSULB.EDU, and make sure that the DNS record points to the correct IP
address.  The internal Windows network name doesn't matter, as long as the
public DNS resolves to the correct IP.

--
Liam Kelly
Senior Consulting Analyst

Look at our special white papers for LISTSERV and Maestro at
      <http://www.lsoft.com/resources/whitepaper.asp>