Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:51:16 -0400
I have escalated this issue to L-Soft tech support, but I figured it
couldn't hurt to post the problem on this list, as well. So far, the
gentleman who responded to my email at L-Soft suggested running with
DBRINDEX=0 in go.user, but I was already doing that, in order to minimize
memory utilization. The problem is now being escalated further at L-Soft.

Yesterday, I did a lot of house cleaning on our Listserv 1.8d server to
free up much needed disk space on our Tru64 Unix server. I did this by
manually deleting old Listserv log and ind files. I also closed several
lists that had been inactive for six months or more.

This morning around 12:30, when Listserv went to do its obligatory
regenerating of the html pages, it core dumped and it is now down for the
count. Attempts to restart Listserv manually get the same result. Listserv
gets to to the point where it starts to generate the WWW files, then it
pauses for a few minutes with no output in the log and then crashes and
core dumps.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?