Rex Bontrager <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Oct 1991 15:15:59 EST
I have a list owner who distributes files via AFD.  He has asked me
several questions for which I could find no acceptable answer in the
docs.

1.  Several of his AFD subscribers have addresses of the form
       a!b@c
    where the a!b is case sensitive and must be in lowercase when
    it reaches host c. Unfortunately, LISTSERV appears to uppercase
    the entire address before passing it on to MAILER/SMTP.
    Is it possible to force the address to remain unaltered?

2.  Is it possible for the list owner to obtain a non-truncated list
    of AFD subscribers?  (Hint: AFD LIST|QUERY|GET is not the answer)

3.  Is it possible for the list owner to delete individual AFD
    subscribers?

Thanks for all help.

Rex Bontrager
IBM Systems Programmer, IBM Postmaster, Bitnet TechRep
Purdue University Computing Center
West Lafayette, IN   47907
U.S.A.
Bitnet:    rexb@purccvm