"Warhurst, SI (Spencer)" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:13:49 +0100
Hi

While in the process of doing a script to gets some stats on list
configuration, I came across something that I've not noticed before. The
Subscription keyword is one example:

In the site manager's manual, the "By Owner" setting for Subscription is
written with a space in it, yet it also accepts "By_Owner" with an
underscore. It doesn't mention this anywhere in the manual as far as I can
see.. "By-Owner" comes up with an error when you update the configuration,
but are there any other accepted characters in between "by" & "owner"?

I'm going to be doing a html configuration interface to simplify list
configuration for list owners, and obviously when it comes to reading the
existing configuration in, I've got to take into account syntax quirks like
this.

Thanks

--
Spencer Warhurst