David Alix <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Jun 2011 15:18:36 -0700
We have an odd problem that has stumped me and, so far, Lsoft support.

I recently migrated our Lsoft server from 1.8e on Solaris to 16.0 on Linux.
It all well remarkably well except for one problem.

One of our lists (nabokv-l) has extensive archives going back to 1993.  The
archives have been publicly available.  The list is configured with
"confidential=no" and "notebook=public".  The Archives can be accessed
through email requests.  But, though the web interface, the list is acting
like it is configured for local access only: if someone clicks on the
nabokv-l link, they are prompted for a password and are only allowed access
if their userid (email address) ends in "ucsb.edu".

Other lists that are similarly configured allow public access to their
archives.  If we clone the nabokv-l list, then copy and appropriately
rename it's archives to the clone name, the clone's archives are publicly
available.  But if I rename nabokv-l (and all it's archives) to something
else, then rename the cloned list into nabokv-l's place, the archives are
once again inaccessible to all but local addresses.  The only files
remaining from the original list are "nabokv-l.welcome",
"nabokv-l.mailtpl", "nabokv-l.autodel", and the OK files waiting for
approval.

Has anyone ever seen something similar?  Anyone have any ideas on what the
problem could be?

Thanks in advance.