"John F. Chandler" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Oct 90 13:58:00 EDT
>   I just got the following puzzlegram back from [log in to unmask] It seems
> to think I sent a duplicated posting, which I didn't. Also, I sent my post-
> ing to [log in to unmask] Comments, anyone?

The same thing happened to me a month or so ago.  Somehow, a mail file
was replicated 3 1/2 times between the time it left this node and the
time it left MAILER@MARIST, having passed through LISTSERV@MARIST for
distribution.  I never found out where the duplication occurred.  The
duplication produced mail files with "received" tags a few minutes apart
but then shut off as inexplicably as it started.  I didn't pester the
postmaster into tracking the problem down because it seemed like an
isolated incident.
                                     John