Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:20:28 -0400
>On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:31:36 EDT, Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>  said:
>>Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=78). The server is probably not started.
>
> >I stopped and restarted listserv, but that didn't help.  I can get to many of the web pages through WA, but none that require authentication.

Found the problem.  There was a process left over after the server restarted.  The WA interface was still trying to talk to it somehow.  Once we killed it, everything worked fine again.
--
Cheerfulness is contagious, but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a "carrier".

Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Center for Academic Computing, Penn State University
At the office - on my Mac, of course ;-)