H-Amstdy Comoderator <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 13 Nov 1994 04:05:56 -0500
I read through  all the info on  listserv  TOPICS - I  run a large
list  that  a lot of people  tune  into just for  news  about
conferences rather than  general discussions.  What  I'm wondering
is a) if I  set TOPIC=CFP  (for Call for  Papers),  must  it always
appear in the  subject  line as CFP  or  can it be, eg CFP: Roadkill
in American Culture (March 1995).  That is, will listserv  know  to
ignore anything after  the CFP, even if text does in fact  follow
it? b)  if I define  6-7 topics  (eg  CFP,  NEWS, NOTICE, etc),
does this in any way limit the activity of  the  list?  Can people
just cream  off  from a kind of menu of TOPIC options  whatever they
want without  the amount of  other  info  posted on the  list  being
limited or  affected  in any  way?

Thanks. I normally ask  Bill  Gruber  first about  this. Bill  thinks
I'm  still a  CUNY employee,  whereas I'm actually living in Colorado
these  days 8-).

Jeff Finlay
Listowner,  [log in to unmask]