Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Sun, 25 Oct 1987 14:34 SET
  I  would appreciate  it  greatly if  people did  not  use "emergency  BITNET
addresses" to  contact me during  meetings just to ask  how much traffic  do I
think goes  on through the DISTRIBUTE  backbone, what percentage of  lists are
peered, and whether  or not I can  send the 1.5l update files  right now. What
would you think  if I called you at  home at 3am to ask your  opinion about my
buying a Peugeot 205 over an Opel Kadett, or something similarly "urgent"? The
next time I will  probably not give any electronic address when  I leave for a
meeting - at least I won't send it to any list.

  Eric