"Michael R. Gettes" <GETTES@PUCC>
Fri, 8 Sep 89 14:21:34 EDT
Along the lines of passwords -- I would like to make another suggestion:

Passwords should  not be required at  all! If someone  wants to AFD to  a file
they should not  need a password unless  it has been explicitly  stated so, in
some fashion,  that this is a  file that needs a  password. It could be  a FAC
that begins with a $ or something like that -- the big problem is that as time
goes on -- how do you get rid of the ever growing password file???

So, in  short, things  should be the  inverse of  the way they  are now.  I do
believe it is different -- but easier.

/mrg