Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Jun 1995 23:14:02 +0200
On Wed, 21 Jun 1995 17:12:19 EDT Ben Chi <[log in to unmask]> said:

>I've been  trying ever since you  sent this to connect  to ftp.lsoft.com
>with no success. Now THAT'S a problem!

I'm afraid that  in a few hours  we'll have been down an  entire week. We
have one person  working full time on calling our  ISP's NOC and yelling,
one  working full  time  on answering  the  phone and  being  nice to  an
ever-growing  number of  angry customers,  me doing  the same  via e-mail
seeing as I'm still connected, and 4 people drinking coffee and wondering
when they'll be able to start working again. We've already lost thousands
of dollars and I can assure you that  we are at least as upset as you are
:-( If  one could  order a new  T1 overnight we  would already  have done
that, but  unfortunately the  lead times  I've seen are  on the  order of
45-60 days.

  Eric