Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:30:12 -0400
On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:46:59 PDT, Ben Colborn <[log in to unmask]>  said:
> We are running Listserv 1.8d on Solaris 2.8. One of our user groups has
> a new requirement that they be able to add and delete *lists*, whereas
> now we manage the lists, and they have the ability to manage the users.

What problem are you trying to solve here, and is it possible to identify
the lists in question (for instance, "they will start with XXDF_" or some
other scheme).

> Is it possible to run multiple "instances" of Listserv on the same
> machine? Currently we are running the software in chroot, so we could

Our solution to allow professors to add class lists was to build a custom
CGI that would first verify they were the professor of the list, and then
use the lcmdx functionality to add the list *for* them (it would connect
as a special "dummy" administrator address).

/Valdis