Catherine Weresow <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:47:57 -0400
    I am running listserv 1.8e on Solaris, and I have a LOT of *.autodel
files in listserv's home/ directory. As far as I can tell, every mention
of the autodel files in listserv documentation implies that there should
be one autodel file per list (listname.autodel), but we have many more
than that (2405 .list files vs 77,416 .autodel files currently).

    We are having issues with the web interface periodically hanging for
minutes at a time, which seems related to the main lsv process taking a
long time to scan through the home/ directory - I'm guessing due to the
number of autodel files.

    My questions are:

  - Is it normal to have autodel files that are not somelistname.autodel?
  - Is there any way to cut down on the number of these files without
completely turning off all autodeletion?
  - Is there any way to get listserv to create these files somewhere
aside from the home/ directory?