Lori Carrig <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 20:45:07 -0600
All:

I am on a HP/UX System and have used the precompiled version for HP/UX 10.20 and above.  I can view my posts via the web but I cannot establish any passwords or login via the web.  I have read and reread all the manuals and have not found a clue what the following errors mean:

An invalid response was received from the authentication server. You may want to try logging in again, or contacting the webmaster.
Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=0). The server is probably not started.
I have untared the source at least 10 times.  I have checked and rechecked about 10+ times the chmod 744 on the wa script.  I can call the wa script with no problem but when I try to login or to create a password I get the above error.  I cannot see any issue in the log file, infact there are no entry in the web server nor the listserv log files that will point me in the right direction.  Again it seems to work correctly when viewing posts but that is about it.  You cannot login nor set a password.  You can try this yourself at:
http://library.msha.gov/cgibin/wa
I am at an end of ideas at this point. There is not documentation on how wa communicate with the lsv service that I can find.  Please point me in somekind of direction.

Thanks;

Lori

Ms. Lori Carrig
University of Utah
421 Wakara way
Suite 204
Salt Lake City, Utah  84108
To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.
            -- Benjamin Disraeli, Sybil, 1845

801-585-1872
801-585-9672 FAX
Email:  [log in to unmask]

BEGIN:VCARD VERSION:2.1 X-GWTYPE:USER FN:Lori Carrig TEL;WORK:585-1872 ORG:;52140|Information Technology Service EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:00235142.Garnet.uhc N:Carrig;Lori TITLE:52140|Computer Professional END:VCARD