Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:49:53 -0700
On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:41:19 -0500, Rich Helmke <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>What is a "level set"?

An Interim (between major version changes) LISTSERV version kit, with minor
(sometimes more) upgrades, bugfixes, new features.  Essentially an upgrade.
When released, the Level Set becomes the 'standard' kit for the current
major version (1.8e) that anyone/everyone may download for trial or
upgrade.

Called a 'level set', because it brings all platforms/versions to equal
functionality.  For example, right now there are some nifty new things in
the Windows kit, not available in the Solaris kit.

>Should I postpone the planned upgrade to 1.8e (VMS)
>until January?

I would suggest so, yes.  Otherwise you'll need to re-do the up-version
work very soon.  You should continue your planning/conversion process
however.

>Will I get a notice stating whether I will be affected
>(release notes?)?

Everyone is affected.  The release will be announced on this list and other
places and the FTP site at L-Soft.  Updated Release Notes will be available
when the release is announced.