Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 14:54:55 -0700
I'm posting this NOT because I'm complaining about an individual spam,
particularly since it was a direct spam, not one thru any LISTSERV.  There
are several interesting points to consider, though.

When [forgot his name, thank goodness]  in Albuquerque was running a spam
business doing it for others, he charged more for this than the software
costs.  If the claims for speed are correct, during a 12 hour niteshift you
could toss a couple hundred thousand messages before your ISP even woke up
in the morning....and some ISPs might be so dense as to not notice the
traffic.

It would sure be interesting to know which of us are in the million
addresses....I could bet a bunch of us are.

And of course we all notice that it "posts to thousands of newsgroups
automatically".  (as some of us know all too well)

cyclops