"Robert E. Kane" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Oct 1995 07:34:22 EDT
I have had problems sending mail to Bitnet Listservers since our department
switched to Novell's Groupwise for E-mail.  The returned message is of the
following form:

        LISTSERV is undeliverable for Lstsrv-l

        MAIL FROM:<[log in to unmask]>
        501 Syntax Error. Unexpected Token '_'

The Listserv software seems to be objecting to the '_' in the gw_mail part of
the address.

I have spoken to our network administrator about this, but he says he cannot
change this easily.  Besides, he says, this is a legal groupwise address.

I would be grateful  if someone can point me to information on the requirements
of the Listserv software with regard to addresses.

Bob Kane